The Outreach Program is part of DCA's Program and Consumer Services Division and works largely alongside DCA's Consumer Information Center and Complaint Resolution Programs. Together, we educate consumers, connect them with services, and respond to consumer inquiries and complaints.
Specifically, the Outreach Program is charged with bringing the DCA's mission directly to consumers and communities. We provide information that not only broadens the scope of public knowledge in the marketplace, but informs consumers of their rights and alerts them to potential scams and other illegal and/or unlicensed activities.
The DCA Outreach Program uses an integrated approach to fulfill its mission of:
- Promoting DCA's mission and services to communities through collaboration with consumer and community-based organizations.
- Promoting DCA's reputation as an advocate for California consumers.
- Coordinating outreach events and presentations in partnership with DCA's boards, bureaus, programs, committees, and commissions.
- Developing innovative outreach services that educate and empower consumers to make informed decisions and ensure that consumers, licensees, and businesses have a safe, fair, and competitive marketplace.
To utilize the Outreach Program's services, you can:
- Request a Speaker or an attendee for your event. If you would like to know about the different subjects covered by the DCA you can view the list of Boards and Bureau's here
- View our Public Event Calendar – We can even add your event to our calendar!
- Order publications or other materials.
- Contact us (916.574.7501) for additional information, or to discuss partnership opportunities.