How to File a Complaint
There are three ways to file a complaint:
1. Call our Consumer Information Center at 1-800-952-5210 to have a complaint form mailed to you, OR
2. File your complaint online by selecting the Resolution Center nearest to you , OR
3. Select the Resolution Center nearest to you, download (print) a complaint form, complete the form with as much information as possible, and mail it to the address on the top of the form.
1625 North Market Blvd.,
Sacramento, CA 95834
3737 Main Street, Suite 650
Riverside, CA 92501
How to File an Anonymous Tip
If you want to submit a concern and remain anonymous we will not be able to assist you in resolving your issue. However, submitting an Anonymous Tip allows us to look into the matter:
1. To Download (print) a Anonymous Tip form, complete the form with as much information as possible, and mail it to the address on the top of the form. Download/Print Anonymous Tip form.
Business Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time
Information Collection, Use and Access
Collection and Use of Personal Information. The Department of Consumer Affairs collects the information requested on this form as authorized by Business and Professions Code Sections 325 and 326. The Department uses this information to follow up on your complaint.
Providing Personal Information Is Voluntary. You do not have to provide the personal information requested. If you do not wish to provide personal information, such as your name, home address, or home telephone number, you may remain anonymous. In that case, however, we may not be able to contact you or help you resolve your complaint.
Access to Your Information. You may review the records maintained by the Department that contain your personal information, as permitted by the Information Practices Act. See below for contact information.
Possible Disclosure of Personal Information.
In order to follow up on your complaint, we may need to share the information you give us with the business you complained about or with other government agencies. This may include sharing any personal information you gave us.
The information you provide may also be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- In response to a Public Records Act request, as allowed by the Information Practices Act;
- To another government agency as required by state or federal law;
- In response to a court or administrative order, a subpoena, or a search warrant.
NOTE: If required, you can click on the icon below and follow the instructions for downloading the Adobe Reader plug-in so that you can use the forms in their PDF format, which will enable you to print the Complaint Form exactly as it will appear on your screen, with color or black and white logos, depending upon your printer.