DCA does not regulate or have jurisdiction over Insurance companies. Please visit our Consumer Wiki for information and regulation Vehicle Insurance in California.
The Department of Insurance has Jurisdiction over the following:
- Improper denial or delay in settlement of a claim.
- Alleged illegal cancellation or termination of an insurance policy.
- Alleged misrepresentation by an agent, broker, or solicitor.
- Alleged theft of premiums paid to an agent, broker, or solicitor.
- Problems concerning insurance premiums and rates.
- Alleged improper handling of an escrow transaction by a title insurer or underwritten title company.
For more information about the California Department of Insurance and their contact information, please visit our Consumer Wiki.