Resources, Press Release, Blog Stories, Video Content, and Media Contact Information
- California Department of Consumer Affairs – News releases | Subscribe to news releases and blog posts
- April 3, 2023 – Board of Barbering and Cosmetology adds Examinations in Simplified Chinese | Simplified Chinese
- March 1, 2023 – How to Avoid Appliance Repair Scams, Fraud | Spanish
- February 15, 2023 – California State Athletic Commission Statement on Passing of Promoter Ken Thompson
- February 2, 2023 – New Nurse Practitioner Application is Now Available
- Contractors State License Board (CSLB) – News releases | Subscribe to Email Alerts
- April 12, 2023 – Undercover Sting Leads to Unlicensed Contractors in Greater Sacramento Area
- April 5, 2023 – Unlicensed Contractor Sentenced to Jail and Probation in Stanislaus County After Costly Remodeling Project
- March 17, 2023 – Repeat Unlicensed Contractor Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
- March 10, 2023 – CSLB Celebrates Women in Construction Week
- March 9, 2023 – Alleged Unlicensed Contractors Give High Bids in San Diego County Sting
- California Board of Accountancy – News releases | Subscribe to Email Alerts
- Medical Board of California – Latest News | Subscribe to Email Alerts
The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) media office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are a member of the media, please email email@example.com or call (916) 574-8170 for assistance. Email is recommended for the fastest response and for after-hours inquiries.
If you are a member of the public with a DCA-related question or concern, contact DCA’s Consumer Information Center. For licensee or applicant questions, contact your board or bureau directly.
- DCA License Search - DCA administers more than 3.4 million licenses in more than 280 license types including certificates, registrations, and permits for a wide range of professions: from architects to accountants, dentists to veterinarians. Check the status of a professional’s license anytime with DCA’s online License Search tool.
- DCA’s Open Data Portal - The portal contains nonconfidential aggregate statistical data in a user-friendly format covering many of DCA’s core activities including licensing, renewals, applications, and enforcement for all of DCA’s boards and bureaus.
- The DCA Page - DCA’s blog is your one-stop shop for the latest Department of Consumer Affairs news, stories, photos, videos, and more. You can also subscribe to get the latest DCA news sent right to your inbox.
- Consumer Connection magazine - DCA’s award-winning flagship publication features need-to-know news for California consumers. Sign up for a free subscription.
- DCA annual reports
- List of all DCA boards and bureaus