The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) remains committed to supporting consumers, licensees, applicants, and stakeholders throughout the pandemic by maintaining the delivery of our programs and services. DCA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it evolves and as California continues to respond, while coordinating with state and local agencies, and our partners to protect the health of all Californians.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility
Get vaccinated – it’s safe, effective, and free. Vaccination is the most important tool to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Every Californian 12 and up is now eligible for vaccination. California’s COVID-19 vaccine website with additional information and resources is available here.
Check myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255 to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment. If appointments are not available, you can sign up to be notified when they are.
Some local health authorities have additional vaccination appointments. Use the CDC’s VaccineFinder to find an appointment near you.
You can also check with your healthcare provider or local pharmacy.
Continuing Education Relief
COVID-19 as impacted numerous professionals as they are unable to satisfy continuing education requirements due to the cancellation of courses, resulting in their inability to satisfy professional licensing requirements that then subsequently prevent them from providing necessary assistance to the public. Under Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-39-20, the DCA director waives the continuing education requirements for the boards listed in Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code, and any accompanying regulations. Under Executive Order N-40-20, the director of the Department of Consumer Affairs may waive any of the continuing education requirements in Divisions 2 and 3 of the Business and Professions Code and any accompanying regulations.
- Governor Newsom Outlines the State’s Next Step in the COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery, Moving Beyond the Blueprint
- CDPH Beyond the Blueprint
- CDPH Beyond the Blueprint Fact Sheet
- CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings
- California to Open Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccination Appointments for 12-15 Age Group
- California’s Vaccination Plan
- FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Information
- News from the California Department of Public Health
- Health Care Workforce Development
- CDPH “How to Become A Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccinator” archived webinar and slides (3/18/21)
- MyTurn Volunteer
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) COVID-19 Information
- 2020 Small Business Resources - State Treasurer's Office
- CA COVID-19 Rent Relief
- California Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Website
- Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from COVID-19
- Guidance Relating to Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- DCA/MBC/BOP: Improper Prescriptions Related to COVID-19 Treatment
- California Health Corps
- CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website
- Application to Restore Your License